I am very happy, and honored to receive the blogger’s Sunshine Award, again!
I can truly say I’m speechless, (which is really saying something, as you know from how much I like to talk) and really, really hoping my daughter Jen won’t laugh at me anymore. 🙂 Thank you SO much to Bird, from Everyone Has A Story for nominating me for this…my second time. I am truly humbled. Bird has a wonderful blog that I enjoy reading where she recounts ‘life as usual’ types of stories in a very honest, humorous and enjoyable way.
The Sunshine Award Rule:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself (the last one I got only said 7!) 🙂
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
1) I was born in California, raised in Texas and always said I’d die in Maine. But I think it might be Florida instead. 🙂
2) I’ve lived outside the U.S. 3 times during my first husband’s Navy career…Japan, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
3) When I saw the movie “The Trouble With Angels” with Hayley Mills, I decided I wanted to be a nun. (laughing hysterically when I think of some of the different paths I took.)
4) My favorite movie in the world is “You Can’t Take It With You”, with Jimmy Stewart, Lionel Barrymore and Jean Arthur.
5) I love to crochet, but can’t knit.
6) I was baking homemade bread when I was 10, but when I got married at 18, barely knew how to cook any meals at all. (Thank God for Hamburger Helper!)
7) I was 15 when I wrote my first song on the piano. Was so very proud of myself, until a few weeks later we went to church and sang that song in church. It was one of the hymns…even in the same key. I was crushed.
8) I played the flute in Jr. High and High School, and was pretty good at it.
9) I like to play Free Cell on the computer. I’m really fast and good at it, but much better when I have a headache, strange as that is.
10) Taboule is one of my favorite foods.
Blogs I want to pass this award to:
1) Nae’s Nest – Renee Robinson – struggling with a nasty illness and sharing that journey through amazing photos and descriptive poetry. Her process isn’t always happy, but it’s honest and I appreciate her sharing her journey with us.
2) Faith Checks – Rich Kenney – a great blog that I enjoy reading very much.
3) The 1 Saved By Grace – Another great, faith based blog that I enjoy reading.
4) Five Reflections – Books, Stories, Songs, Poetry and Reminiscing is the description he gives of his blog. Love it.
5) When Is A Party Not A Party – My brother Steve’s blog. Had to include him in this. 🙂 Not that his blog is particularly sunny all the time. Ha ha…but he’s an avid and very good writer, blogs about politics, books, music…lots of wonderful photographs, and life in general. He’s got some great stuff on there, worth checking out.
6) Finding Subjects – Great photography site. Love visiting here.
7) Clown Rhymes – Mostly poetry…love it!
8) The Happy Husband – One of the first blogs I came into contact with since returning to Word Press. A great blog from a husband’s faith walk through his marriage.
9) Who Is The God of Heaven – I enjoy reading Dom’s blog, and he’s a new Facebook friend too! 🙂
10) Life in the Blue Ridges – A 19 year old college girl, dealing with cerebral palsy, and sharing that journey with us.
11) Ms. Raven Marie – Another young woman…20 years old, blogging her journey mostly in poetry, short stories and news articles.
12) artmkc – Another artists blog, and a great one!! I enjoy seeing the drawings come to life…and they do…so amazingly! Wish I could do that! 🙂
Thanks again to Bird for reading my blog, and for thinking of me as being sunshiny. 🙂
Blessings to all,